Aleph Learning Center is an organization whose primary goal is to teach and inspire both from the Torah text and from its more hidden meaning.
Founded by Rabbi Raphael & Rachel Benchimol in 2002 as a response to the growing needs of the Upper East Side community, Aleph Learning Center offers Jewish education in order to encourage growth, and develop knowledge and observance, in Jewish people of all ages and backgrounds through engaging in creative activities.
Our goal is to “Bridge Heaven and Earth” which is symbolized by our name:
- ‘Aleph ‘– the first letter in the Hebrew Alphabet, is comprised of three Hebrew letters: two ‘Yuds” And one ‘Vav’.
- The two ‘yuds’ – one on the upper right and the other on the lower left – correspond to Heaven and Earth.
- The slanted ‘vav’ in the middle symbolizes the “Bridge” that connects Heaven and Earth.
- ALEPH Learning Center’s mission is to unite the Divine from above with the material on Earth.
Over the past 10 years, we have accomplished our goal of Bridging Heaven and Earth, through various community classes, events, publications and children’s programming.
We invite you to learn more about Aleph Learning Center by viewing our past events.
ALEPH LEARNING PRESCHOOL
“OUR CHILDREN ARE OUR GUARANTORS.”
– Midrash Rabba, Song of Songs 1:4
A Spirited Place for Developing Young Minds.
A learner is a child who is excited about the world, filled with wonder, love, joy and a sense of fun. By encouraging close child/parent/teacher communication, we will build a strong network wherein each member is working towards a common goal: the building of a culture which respects childhood as a time to explore, create and be JOYFUL. We are here to help our children become learners rather than achievers or performers.