JCRC-NY HONORS THREE LEADERS AT 2022 SPRING GALA ON TUESDAY, JUNE 14
This year’s event features cocktails and a buffet reception followed by the program and award ceremony and concludes with a dessert reception.
JCRC-NY will honor three exemplary and cherished leaders of the Jewish community at its 2022 Spring Gala to be held at The Plaza in New York City on Tuesday, June 14th, from 6 pm to 9:00 pm.
The JCRC-NY Leadership Award celebrates Cheryl Fishbein as she concludes her exceptional tenure as President of the organization and becomes its first-ever Chair on July 1st.
The Barbara and Ira A. Lipman Community Security Award will be accepted by Linda Mirels on behalf of the Kirsh Foundation, and the Blumberg Family Young Leadership Award honors Eric Rechtschaffen, Board Member, JCRC-NY, and Managing Director and Head of Valuations, Sculptor Capital Management.
The cocktails and buffet reception begin at 6 pm, followed by the awards ceremony and program at 7:30 pm. The festive evening concludes with a dessert reception at 8:30 pm.
Award Recipient Bios:
Cheryl Fishbein – JCRC-NY Leadership Award Cheryl Fishbein has a long history of voluntary leadership involvement. She is President of the Jewish Community Relations Council of New York (JCRC-NY) and will become its first-ever Chair on July 1, 2022.
- She is the Past Chair of the Jewish Council for Public Affairs (JCPA) and served on the Executive Council of the Conference of Presidents of Major Jewish Organizations.
- She is on the President’s Advisory Board of UJA-Federation of NY and is past Chair of the Caring Commission, the Hurricane Katrina Relief Committee, the Missions Committee, and the Trauma Task Force at UJA-Federation.
- Cheryl maintains a private practice as a clinical psychologist and an attorney. She has worked at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York as a consultant to individuals looking to donate to charitable organizations.
Linda Mirels – The Barbara and Ira A. Lipman Community Security Award
- An active philanthropist, Linda is an honorary lifetime member of the Board of UJA-Federation of New York and served as Chair of the Board.
- She was appointed the Co-Chair of the New York-Israel Commission, responsible for creating a framework to strengthen economic and cultural ties between New York and Israel.
- Linda also serves on the advisory board of her family’s foundation which engages in a range of philanthropic endeavors designed to foster self-sufficiency and entrepreneurship primarily in Sub Saharan Africa
- Linda is the Chair of Ki Corporation, a family holding company that manages a portfolio of diversified investments.
Eric Rechtschaffen – Blumberg Family Young Leadership Award
- Eric Rechtschaffen has a long history of involvement with Jewish causes. In college, he was active in several groups including Penn Hillel, and was Treasurer of PennPAC, the campus pro-Israel group.
Currently, Eric serves on the Board of Directors of JCRC-NY and as the representative of the Jewish Council for Public Affairs to the Conference of Presidents Young Leaders Division. Additionally, Eric holds the title of Managing Director and Head of Valuations at Sculptor Capital Management.
Information About The Awards:
JCRC-NY Leadership Award
- Presented to a leader of the JCRC-NY team who reflects and defines the values of the organization and its mission of uniting diverse communities, Jewish and non-Jewish alike, and advocating for the State of Israel.
Barbara and Ira A. Lipman Community Security Award
- Inaugurated by Gus Lipman and his family in 2021 in memory of their parents, this award is presented to community leaders in recognition of their dedication to the security and well-being of the Jewish people and the State of Israel.
Blumberg Family Young Leadership Award
- Inaugurated by the Blumberg Family in 2022, this award is presented to emerging leaders within the Jewish community who have demonstrated a deep commitment to the Jewish people, the State of Israel, and the City and State of New York.
New York Jewish Guide